Saturday, April 20, 2013

hopes for the future

To my future children,

I hope you never have to live in a world filled with fear. I hope you can run and you can dance and you can participate with no consequence for your innocence. I hope you feel safe at home and that your home is the world. I hope you see a time when different cultures start conversations, not wars. I hope that basic rights are given to all, but if not, that you see to it that they are. I hope you feed the hungry, but I hope more that there is no more hunger. I hope that peace isn't a dream for you. I hope you can have that "tucked into bed" feeling of safety when you're in a crowd, when you're alone, and when it's dark outside. I hope you are delicate and strong; I hope you are breakable, but no one would break you. I hope you don't have to find yourself drowning beneath your covers from the world's intolerance and hate. I hope I can start making life better for you today.

-your future mother

1 comments:

Svetlana said...

some lines that stuck out for me:

"I hope you feel safe at home and that your home is the world."

"...when different cultures start conversations, not wars."

"...'tucked into bed' feeling of safety when you're in a crowd, alone, when it's dark outside."

"I hope you are delicate and strong."

YOU are delicate and strong. (You never fail to wow me with this writing) Thanks for this beautiful reflection. Love you.

 

approaching everything in life with love Copyright © 2011 -- Template created by O Pregador -- Powered by Blogger