Tuesday, September 21, 2010

40 Days for Life

40 Days for Life is a wonderful campaign to bring about change in the Culture of Death we are living in by participating in constant vigils outside abortion mills, fasting, personal prayer, community outreach, etc. This past Saturday I attended the 40 Days for Life Volunteer Training hosted by the Austin Coalition for Life and I was amazed by the turnout of volunteers and the number of hours of prayer each week that individual were dedicating the next 40 days of their lives to. It was truly impressive. As a college student without a car who is living 24 minutes (in good traffic) from the nearest abortion mill, it was impossible for me to sign up for an hour at any of the 3 Austin 40 Days for Life locations (by the way, how amazing that we have enough volunteers in the Austin area to maintain constant vigil at 3 separate locations.), I have been brainstorming ways that I can dedicate my time and efforts and prayers to the Pro-Life cause during this season and my decision was creating this blog. My hope for the next 40 Days is to become a more educated individual regarding Pro-Life issues, to pray outside mills as much as I can, to help educate others on the issues, and to encourage those who already identify themselves as Pro-Life to take action.

0 comments:

 

approaching everything in life with love Copyright © 2011 -- Template created by O Pregador -- Powered by Blogger